No man is an island and no collector can amass the perfect collection all by him (or her) self. Here are contacts, resources and businesses I’ve found useful with my Tri-ang and Hornby Dublo collecting.
Tri-ang buyers and sellers
- Elains Trains: When you’re looking for a particular Tri-ang railway item, try Elaine.
- Tri-angman: Tri-ang buyer and seller.
- Dave Angell: vintage Tri-ang buyer and seller but also does other Triang products.
- Tri-ang Railways: Dave McCarthy’s site, possibly the best reference site for Tri-ang products.
- Tri-ang Railways: Dave Coxon’s useful reference site.
- Tri-ang Society
- Tri-ang forum run by David Wilshaw.
- Brighton Toy and Model Museum. Not an online resource but a wonderful bricks and mortar museum with lots of Tri-ang and Tri-ang Hornby related material.
- Dave Angell’s Tri-ang Collectables book, packed with information on the history of Triang products and variants of models produced.
- Pat Hammond’s Tri-ang Railways: The Story of Rovex, Vol. 1 1950 to 1965. The definitive guide to the history of Tri-ang.
- Labelle Oil; Recommended oil for lubricating Tri-ang locomotives.
- East Kent Models of Whitstable, Tel: 01227 770777. does buffers and coupling rods.
- Peter’s Spares: My first call for Tri-ang and Hornby Dublo spares.
These links are provided for information only.