Here at Model Railway Engineer, I take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account, improve the service provided to you and provide the information, products or services you have requested. Below is the information collected and how it is used.
As with the majority of other websites, Model Railway Engineer.com uses and stores non-identifying and aggregate information for general management of the site, to improve the content and your experience when using the site and for analytical purposes. This is collected chiefly through Google Analytics cookies detailed below.
You can also provide information about your interests relating to the hobby (the gauge of model railway you work in for example) although submission of this information is voluntary. As with your email address is also stored by MailChimp.
You can change these settings or unsubscribe from my newsletter by clicking on the link at the bottom of every email sent.
Mail Chimp also stores some additional information, including the IP used at the time of your sign up and if you opened my emails. MailChimp’s privacy policies can be read here,
- Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. The reports provided by Google Analytics to help me, Model Railway Engineer’s owner, to understand website traffic and webpage usage.
- Advertising: You may also see third-party advertisements on the site which help fund the site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies for these adverts and which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP, the browser and device you used when visiting the site.
This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing English advertisements to someone living in England, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing soldering irons ads to someone who visits an electrical retailer).
You can stop these or tailor their settings here.
- Facebook: Facebook using tracking technologies, such as cookies or pixels, to record information about users who visit or interact with my website, also collect data. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and measure their effectiveness. The Model Railway Engineer website does not provide any personal information to Facebook.
- WP Touch: For users on mobiles and tablets, I use a service by WP Touch cookie to identify visitors using mobile phones and tailor the web pages to their screen size. No personal information is stored in doing this.
- Cloudflare: I use web performance enhancement technologies from CloudFlare. Non-identifying cookies are used by this service to improve page loading speed and identify and block suspicious activity. You can read more about the Cloudflare cookies here.
To refine and update cookie usage on this website, click Revoke Cookies. If you have visited the site before and subsequently update your cookie usage, please delete the existing cookies set my the site code. No further new ones will be set. Instructions to do this can be found here.
To the extent required by law, Model Railway Engineer may disclose personally identifiable information to government authorities pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process, and may also use or disclose your information as permitted by law to protect the rights or property of the site, it’s owners, and users.