Eight Ways To Join In and Stay Up To DateWaiting for your comment 10 months, 13 days ago Info No Comments No tags
For most people, this blog is where they come to catch up, get the latest tips and see the progress of my layouts. But for others, email / social media is where it’s at to share progress reports and swap hints and tips. Don’t miss out – here’s how you can join in.
Over the coming months, I hope to substantially increase the frequency of posts as I work on my big new layout.
This is going to be a challenge – building the layouts, taking photos and writing posts along with normal family life and a full time job, is going to be a stretch – but it’s something I really enjoy.
The community around MRE is also growing rapidly with over 9,000 model railway enthusiasts, at the last count*, sharing ideas and swapping advice on railway building.
What all this means is there’s a lot more going on! Here are the 8 best ways to connect, join in, and ensure you don’t miss out.
Where to find Model Railway Engineer
Under the guise of Model Railway Engineer, I’m active on most of the social media platforms (do you hate that phrase as much as I do?). Each has its strengths and weaknesses and is used for different reasons:
- Twitter – @modelrailwayeng : For general chat about all things model railways.
- Instagram: Photo updates of my layouts, trains and other layouts I see.
- Facebook: Updates, pictures and discussion around all things trains.
- Pinterest: Pictures and photos I find interesting from across the web; links to useful websites and resources.
- YouTube: Occasional videos I make of trains and my layouts.
- For old school Internet types, an RSS feed is also available here.
- I also welcome emails – andy @ modelrailwayengineer.com or drop me a message via the contact page.
- The best way to stay up to date and never miss out is to subscribe to my email newsletter. Subscribe now.
I look forward to hearing from you, seeing your layouts and swapping hints and tips.
- To be precise, 9,800 followers on November 2016. Join them by subscribing here.
Model Railway Engineer