Hornby Model Railway How To Guides
If you’re just getting started with model train railways – perhaps with a train set or starter pack from Hornby – I’ve put together this collection of how to guides and articles.
The guides are all written with a beginner in mind and are written in an easy to follow, jargon free, format and designed to get answer your most common questions.
- How to join and solder wires for the most reliable connections
- How to make your own scatter & why I’ll never buy scatter material again
- How to work with Styrofoam and Polystyrene
- Make your own foliage
- Changing Track – How To Alter Already Laid Track
- How to make bushes
- How to make your own stone bridge. What do you think of mine?
- How to make your own trees, a new technique
- Model Railway Beginners Q&A: How to connect more power leads to a model railway set
- Static grass applicator: the definitive guide, how to make your own + tips on how to apply static grass
I’d also recommend picking up a book on building model railways. There are a number of very good ones available from which I’ve learnt so much. Here’s my recommended reading list of model railway books.
PS, If you liked this, join over 20,000 model railway fans and sign up now to get my unique guides and tips. It's completely free, you can unsubscribe at any time and I promise to never spam you.
"Awesome stuff. I will be using your site a lot, for tips and ideas." @MuddingtonIII