Hornby Model Railway How To Guides
If you’re just getting started with model train railways – perhaps with a train set or starter pack from Hornby – I’ve put together this collection of how to guides and articles.
The guides are all written with a beginner in mind and are written in an easy to follow, jargon free, format and designed to get answer your most common questions.
- A Quick Guide To Setting Up A Model Railway
- How Much Space Is Needed for A Hornby Railway Set
- 5 Ways To Make Your Train Set More Interesting
- How To Get A Hornby Train Set Without Breaking The Bank
- How To Expand Your Hornby Model Train Set — The Best Track Expansion Kits
- Model Railways: What do you need to get started
- How to look after your train set: tips for floor based train sets
I’d also recommend picking up a book on building model railways. There are a number of very good ones available from which I’ve learnt so much. Here’s my recommended reading list of model railway books.
PS, If you liked these tips, you might enjoy my newsletter, Footplate. Over 20,000 model railway fans get my tips direct to their inbox with this. It's completely free, you can unsubscribe at any time and I promise to never spam you. Sign up now.