Model Railway Building Tips
Model railway building tips from the Model Railway Engineer.com engine shed , collated from across the Internet and sent in by readers.
- How to make reliable track-carrying bridges across baseboards - How to make bridges to carry your track across doorways and gaps between baseboards. There's more to it than you might think.
- Six simple steps you can use to make glorious model mud - Six simple steps you can follow to make marvellously realistic model mud. Ideal if your layout is set in bygone times when paths and roads were often just muddy tracks.
- Want realistic roads on your railway? Here’s how one artist does it perfectly - How to make amazing asphalt roads and car parks for your model railway.
- Making models with Mamod - Can a Mamod steam engine and accessories be used as a model making power tools?
- Creating landscapes, tips from Constable - What model railway builders can learn from one of greatest figures in the history of British landscape painting.
- Fixing & Connecting wires together without soldering - How to join feeder and bus wires without soldering. A quick and easy solution.
- Recording Your Rolling Stock - How do you keep track of your model trains? What are the options available?
- Garden Railway Buildings – The Best Materials To Use - The best materials to use for garden model railway buildings.
- From tin-cans to trains – an engineering project for 2018 - Can I build a fully working model train but using a Sterling engine instead of steam?
- A handy modelling tool - This is great for modellers! The six-arm helping hands model making and soldering tool.